Sanjay Leela Bhansali's next movie to be based on color discrimination
NEW DELHI- Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali is known for his gorgeous epics but his next project aims to highlight a widespread social issue with a powerful storyline.
According to rumours published in Indian publications, Bhansali's next film will focus on the prevalence of discrimination on the basis of one’s colour and its impact on ones professional and love lives.
Bhansali is set to change the narrative with his new movie as it will be a subtle takedown of the beauty industry that gives birth to false ideas about dark skin.
This film will reportedly be the first one in Bollywood to tackle the concept of shadeism. Bhansali plans to launch a new actor with this project, especially since a new face will make the film more relatable.
It's also being reported that Bhansali will only be producing the film and the director is yet to be announced.
At present, Bhansali is producing Inshallah starring Salman Khan and Alia Bhatt.
- Chinese retailer Shein issues an apology for profiting off Muslim ...04:17 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Two Indian soldiers commit suicide in IOK01:49 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtars short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020