Model Town incident: CM claims to be unaware of police action
The chief minister, who is also blamed for the incident by the victims, appeared before the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) formed to probe into the tragedy to record his statement.
“I found about the police action in the next morning through television”, he said in the statement, “I immediately ordered the police officials to step back from the spot”.
Earlier, former Punjab Law Minister Rana Sana Ullah also appeared before the team to record his statement.
On the other hand PAT is continuing to boycott the proceedings of JIT demanding the government to appoint an official from Khyber Pakhtunwa as head of the team.
An FIR was registered against 21 high profile politicians of Punjab including the sitting Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and several ministers when PAT conducted a two-month long sit in at the constitution avenue in the capital Islamabad.
- Speaker Pervaiz Elahi summons emergency session of Punjab Assembly ...04:09 PM | 21 May, 2022
- PTI's Shireen Mazari arrested by anti-corruption officials in ...02:36 PM | 21 May, 2022
- 'Depth of misogyny’ – HRCP demands apology from Imran Khan over ...01:58 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army sets up heat stroke relief camps as temperature ...01:14 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Turkey’s defence minister calls on Pakistan Army chief12:25 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022