LHC grants bail to Khadim Hussain Rizvi, Pir Afzal Qadri
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court (LHC) granted bail to Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan chief Khadim Rizvi and former patron-in-chief Pir Afzal Qadri on Tuesday in a case related to launching a violent protest against the acquittal of Aasia Bibi by the Supreme Court.
A two-member bench, comprising Justice Qasim Ali Khan and Justice Asjad Javed Gharal, granted the bail to both till July 15 after both submitted surety bonds worth Rs0.5 million each; the verdict was reserved on May 10.
Qadri, who had been booked under sedition and terrorism charges, had tendered resignation from the TLP on May 1 citing health issues; he had also apologized to Chief of Army StaffGeneral Qamar Javed Bajwa in a video message.
At the last hearing, the court had rejected an apology submitted by Qadri over incendiary remarks made by him during a protest, asking his lawyer to submit a detailed apology.
Rizvi and Qadri were taken into "protective custody" by the state during a crackdown in November last year after the party announced that it would observe martyrs’ day.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020