LHC grants bail to Khadim Hussain Rizvi, Pir Afzal Qadri
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court (LHC) granted bail to Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan chief Khadim Rizvi and former patron-in-chief Pir Afzal Qadri on Tuesday in a case related to launching a violent protest against the acquittal of Aasia Bibi by the Supreme Court.
A two-member bench, comprising Justice Qasim Ali Khan and Justice Asjad Javed Gharal, granted the bail to both till July 15 after both submitted surety bonds worth Rs0.5 million each; the verdict was reserved on May 10.
Qadri, who had been booked under sedition and terrorism charges, had tendered resignation from the TLP on May 1 citing health issues; he had also apologized to Chief of Army StaffGeneral Qamar Javed Bajwa in a video message.
VIDEO: Pir Afzal Qadri tenders apology to COAS ... 09:41 PM | 30 Apr, 2019
LAHORE - The detained leader of Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP), Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri tendered an apology to the ...
At the last hearing, the court had rejected an apology submitted by Qadri over incendiary remarks made by him during a protest, asking his lawyer to submit a detailed apology.
Rizvi and Qadri were taken into "protective custody" by the state during a crackdown in November last year after the party announced that it would observe martyrs’ day.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020