Shoaib Mansoor's Verna in trouble with censor board just before its release
ISLAMABAD - Starring Mahira Khan and Haroon Shahid as lead actors, Shoaib Mansoor's upcoming social drama film Verna is not sitting well with the censor board.
"The topic is rape, and the culprit is the governor’s son. The film doesn’t have to be banned, and can be tweaked and censored a bit to be deemed fit for release," said general secretary Abdul Razzaq Khuhawar of Sindh Board of Film Censors (SBFC).
While sources suggest that the film has been banned by CBFC, the authorities are still saying "The film is yet to be viewed by the full board and see if there are any objections. Nothing has been decided and the film is not banned so far. We will view it and come to a final decision soon."
Shoaib Mansoor's team has released an official statement saying, "Filmmaker Shoaib Mansoor has gone into appeal with Censor Board today for urgent relief for his film Verna. The film will be hopefully reviewed by full board today and we are hoping that the full board will prevail."
- Will talk to India's Modi on Kashmir issue, Trump tells PM Imran in ...10:42 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- PSO and UBER sign exclusive strategic agreement10:30 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- Parents' pre-pregnancy exposure to pollution may impact children ...10:16 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- Bangladesh squad to reach Pakistan on Wednesday after 12 years gap08:38 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha's release stopped: Khoosat move LHC against TLP ...06:15 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- The team of "Zindagi Tamasha" cancels Karachi meet and greet03:23 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019