Saad Rafique's protective bail extended amid NAB probe
LAHORE - Lahore High Court has extended the bail granted to former railways minister Khawaja Saad Rafique and his brother Salman on Wednesday.
Justice Ali Baqir Najafi headed a two-member bench and extended the bail till November 26.
Saad Rafique has also filed a petition in the Lahore High Court against the conduct of Director General NAB, Shahzad Saleem after the official made TV appearances and shared details of the investigation.
The former minister had asserted before a combined investigation team (CIT) that he was not the owner of Paragon Housing scheme.
NA-131 by-polls: Khawaja Saad Rafique wins ... 06:35 PM | 14 Oct, 2018
Khawaja Saad Rafique (PML-N): 60,476 votesHumayun Akhtar Khan (PTI): 50,245 votes(Unofficial result)LAHORE - Khawaja ...
Saad Rafique, along with his brother, have appeared before NAB multiple times. In his statements, Saad Rafique argues that he faces a threat of arrest by NAB claiming that he regularly appears before the anti-graft body.
An earlier request by the duo for a protective bail was rejected by the Islamabad High Court. In the petitions, the duo expressed apprehensions about their arrest at the hands of NAB.
They named the NAB chairman and Lahore director general as respondents in the petition.
Citing the recent arrest of former chief minister Punjab, Shahbaz Sharif, the ex-railways minister said the NAB chairman and officials subordinate to him were acting like an agent of the present regime.
Khawaja Saad Rafique won the by-elections for NA-131 constituency of Lahore by defeating Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s Humayun Akhter Khan and in case he is arrested by NAB, the speaker of the National Assembly, Asad Qaiser reserves the right to issue production orders for him.
The same prerogative was used in case of Shehbaz Sharif, who was arrested in the Ashiana-i-Iqbal case.
- Masoumeh Ebtekar: Iran's vice president infected by coronavirus11:54 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Hadi Khosrowshahi: Iran's ex-ambassador to Vatican dies of coronavirus11:47 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Coronavirus: Pakistan's Aviation division establishes emergency ...11:36 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan, Qatar agree to further enhance economic cooperation11:19 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pink Floyd: PM Imran tweets Roger Waters’ video criticising ...11:10 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- TikTok is cancer, says Feroze Khan03:05 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi02:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- ‘Ehd-e-Wafa’ makers planning to air finale in cinemas02:15 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019