Nisar dismisses PTI's claim of vote transfer in NA-122
Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, the minister said not vote can be transferred without a formal application of the voter to Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP). He further added that PTI should have checked the facts before hurling allegations at state institutions.
He also presented the figures of National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) to explain that voters lists were continuously being updated till August 26, the day ECP announced the schedule of local bodies elections.
He told reporters that more than 23335, 19603, 28000, 26383 and 25929 new voters will added in NA-120, NA-119, NA-128, NA-124 and NA-125 respectively, during 2013 and 2015. More than 7000 voters of NA-122 also requested ECP to transfer their votes to other constituencies during this time, he claimed.
Answering a question, Nisar said that NADRA has no role in vote transfer but it is only concerned with addition of new voters in the lists. NADRA regularly forwards the lists of citizens who get new CNICs to ECP so that Election Commission can update the voter lists, said.
He also requested the PTI chief Imran Khan to quit the politics of allegations and instead join hands with government to work for the betterment of Pakistan.
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021