By-Polls 2018: I-voter overseas Pakistanis eligible to cast vote: ECP
According to an official of ECP, I-voting pass system has been generated for registered overseas Pakistanis and all eligible voters can cast their vote during 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
He said that a control room has also been established for the assistance of overseas Pakistani voters for bye-elections being held on Sunday in 35 constituencies.
He said that all those overseas Pakistanis who did not receive their voting passport may contact the control room to submit any complaint with telephone number 0092512778899.
He said that voter passport is necessary for overseas Pakistanis to cast their vote in bye-elections. He said that the control room will remain functional from 9:00am to 9:00pm.
He said that as many as 7,364 eligible I-voters have received their voters’ passes for bye-election. The commission has issued voters passes to these successful registered overseas Pakistanis during the registration process of I-voters through their email ID.
He said that only registered I-voters with having voters passes will have right of casting vote and asked all such pass holders to exercise their right to vote as early as possible.
He said that the registered I-voters will be responsible to protect the information of voter pass, he added. He said that I-voters should avoid sharing any information about their login and voter pass with anyone for safety of such information.
He said that the ECP had started registration of overseas Pakistani voters from September 1 for giving them right to vote in bye-polls. The commission had also extended the date for registration of overseas Pakistanis from September 15 to September 17.
He said the ECP’s passes for I-voters will be valid for stipulated time for overseas Pakistanis to avail the opportunity and cast their vote in bye-elections.
He said that the ECP had registered only those overseas Pakistanis who had a machine-readable passport, National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis and their valid email address.
He said through ECP’s special software, the overseas Pakistanis will be able to cast their vote by using their email.
He added a specific website had been developed jointly by ECP and NADRA for awareness and other aspects to encourage overseas Pakistanis to register for I-voting with instruction in English and Urdu.
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan cuts steel for fourth MILGEM-Class corvette ship (VIDEO)07:37 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- realme conducts first-ever Global Launch Event to unveil realme GT & ...07:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan win silver at Asian Taekwondo Poomsae Championship06:57 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021