Tehmina Durrani speaks out about deplorable jail condition after meeting Shehbaz Sharif
After meeting with Shehbaz Sharif in the prison, Tehmina wrote on Twitter that she was shocked to see that her husband was living in a dark 10+10 cell with an exhaust fan and no fresh air or a ray of light as there was no concept of day and night.
Punjab chief minister Shahbaz Sharif was arrested by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) at its Lahore office in connection with the Rs14 billion Ashiana-i-Iqbal Housing Scheme case.
My husband & I were not allowed 2 speak alone. Both his jailer & investigator were present. As I did not want 2 comment on an investigation, I waited until I saw it all 1st hand 2 give an accurate update on Shabaz Sharif's living conditions & the NAB investigation. It is a sham!— Tehmina Durrani (@TehminaDurrani) October 13, 2018
Tehmina further wrote that they were not even allowed to speak alone as both the jailer and investigator were present during the meeting.
"Shehbaz Sharif, 3 times CM Punjab and present leader of the opposition taught us the value of time as he was a man in a hurry and he served and delivered 24/7 for the masses," she said adding that she wondered why a dedicated man like him was kept in a suffocating cell.
NAB arrests Shehbaz Sharif over Ashiana Housing ... 03:56 PM | 5 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau on Friday arrested Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) president and ...
If there is no investigation why is Shabaz Sharif being treated like a condemned criminal? Why is he taken to the NAB court in a dark and airless 'Baktarband' grave-like jeep? Why is he so unprotected while 'IN' NAB custody that he is pushed around and falls,? she said.
Tehmina questioned that why the leader of the opposition was not allowed to meet his lawyers, adding that he had to wait for a long time to see his investigators.
The leader of the opposition has not been allowed 2 meet his lawyers! Despite constantly asking 4 the required documents, NAB has not provided them. He is investigated 4 less than 30 minutes a day! Then he waits for the next 30 minutes & the next day 2 dawn. A dawn he can't see.— Tehmina Durrani (@TehminaDurrani) October 13, 2018
She further said that Shehbaz has to repeatedly hit the huge lock on a barred door for the jailer to hear him and come with keys to take him to the public toilet.
There is no AC and no newspaper but there are many mosquitos wich have left many red bites on his body, said Shehbaz's wife.
- Pakistan’s GrocerApp raises US$5.2m in Series - A funding04:15 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Perfect night experience with vivo V21 dual selfie spotlight04:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Austerity drive: How much amount PM Imran saved in last three years?02:53 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Engin Altan aka Ertugrul’s selfie with wife wins the internet02:03 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021