Seven injured as cargo ship catches fire at Gadani
Vice-chairperson of the shipbreaking yard, Ghani Seth, said the fire broke out in a ship in Plot 10 which engulfed the whole area, reported Samaa TV.
The workers have been shifted to Karachi for treatment. Two of them are said to be in a critical condition, he added.
He said the fire has not been controlled yet and no fire brigade vehicles have arrived. He said the fire broke out even though they took safety measures at the yard.
In 2016, a fire broke out in an oil carrying ship that was being dismantled in Gadani. Over two dozen workers were killed and 70 were injured. After that, the dismantling of oil-carrying ships was banned at the yard.
More info to follow...
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Multan Sultans take on Peshawar Zalmi tonight06:38 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United win the toss and elect to bat first ...05:56 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 10 killed in rain-related incidents across Pakistan05:09 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- #BoycottKareenaKhan trends on social media over Sita character12:17 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021