Pakistan’s Rabia claims gold in Hampshire Weightlifting Championship
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan’s Rabia Shahzad put up another impressive show as she claimed gold medal in Hampshire Weightlifting Championship by finishing at the top in 49kg weight category, according to information received here on Monday.
The competition was being judged on the basis of Sinclair points, which calculates the athlete’s weight with the total weight they lift during the competition.
According to details, just a day after earning bronze medal in Welsh Open Championship in Cardiff, the 21-year-old travelled to Basingstoke to participate in Hampshire Weightlifting Championship where she outshone eight other weightlifters in her category with 144.8 Sinclair points.
She also won the silver in the Singapore Open Weightlifting Championship, early this year. Besides she bagged gold medal in the Ralph Cashman Open Weightlifting Championship in 2018.
Pakistan Weightlifting Federation (PWF) had expressed the pleasure at Rabia’s performance and expressed the hope that it would augur well for the development of women weightlifting in Pakistan. “It is a remarkable achievement. She has shown to the world that how much potential Pakistan women have in weightlifting,” secretary PWF Amjid Amin Butt told APP.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020