Heavy price if Sharif moves against parliamentary resolution: Shah
Shah condemned the statement by United Arab Emirates’ state minister in which he had had warned Pakistan of grave consequences after a joint resolution of Parliament refused to join Saudi-led coalition fighting against Houthi rebels in Yemen. Instead of issuing such irresponsible statement the minister should have directly talked to Pakistani government, he stated.
The opposition leader further added the prime minister should have devised a policy in accordance to parliament’s recommendations rather giving explanations to Arab leaders.
He affirmed that Pakistan will fight shoulder to shoulder with Saudi Arabia if any direct threat is imposed to the territory of kingdom.
Pakistan has signed several defence treaties with Saudi Arabia and other Middle East countries and government should follow all of these accordingly.
Earlier a high level delegation headed by Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif left for Saudi Arabia to convey an important message of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to Saudi authorities.
He is also expected to hold meetings with Royal ministers over Yemen crisis.
- Former Mossad chief reveals how Israel stole Iranian nuclear documents11:55 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- US lawmaker removed for helping crowd breach State Capitol10:45 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021