Panel of experts to headline Azyan Exhibition & Conference on beauty, fashion
Speakers for the event, which will be held under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Jawaher bint Mohammed Al Qasimi, Wife of His Highness the Ruler of Sharjah and Chairperson of the Supreme Council for Family Affairs (SCFA), include global experts in the fields of beauty, medicine and wellness.
Dr Khadija Al Jefri will kick off the inaugural session of the conference on April 18. A consultant dermatologist at Dermamed Clinic in Dubai and a lecturer at Dubai Medical College, Dr Al Jefri is also a board member at Emirates Dermatology Society. The UK-educated dermatologist will speak on the subject: ‘Dermatology Treatments: Dream or Reality?’.
Friday, April 19 is tilted ‘Beauty Day’, and will witness two sessions focused on the theme. Nadine Mohammed, a Krayolan professional and make-up trainer, will lead a session on Flawless Make-up Tips Every Women Should Know’.
Saturday, April 20, is themed ‘Wellness Day’, and begin with a session by clinical psychologist and counsellor Sarah El Nabulsi titled ‘Interactive Guide to Mindfulness: Improve Your Quality of Life’. Here, she will speak on the different methods to develop mindfulness and best practices recommended.
The second session will be led by Emirati life coach Sara Al Zaidi on ‘Find Your Voice of Confidence at the Work Place’. Next, a certified dietitian from Kuwait, Dana Ghareeb will advise the audience on choosing the right diet trend for themselves in the third and final session of the day.
The closing day, April 21 (Sunday) of the exhibition will be fashion-focused. Popular Emirati designer and creator of the Bint Thani brand, Khulood Thani will lead the first session titled ‘Find Your Personal Abaya Style in the Midst of Changing Fashion Trends’.
The event will close with Rana Saab’s session on ‘How To Improve Your Personal Image Through Appearance, Behaviour and Communication’. Rana Saab is celebrated as the first certified image consultant and stylist in the region. Her portfolio of clients includes corporate, personal clients and celebrities such as Hollywood actress Eva Longoria, Lebanese pop star Ramy Ayache, and singer Haifa Wehbe, among others.
All these events will be hosted in the evening, from 6-9pm.
Her Excellency Hanan Al Mahmoud, CEO of JRCC, said: “Azyan celebrates the expertise of the Arab and Gulf women and aims to be a platform for enriching their knowledge and culture. They have inspired the world's leading fashion houses, and have helped in developing designs taking from our unique lifestyle, traditions and rich cultural heritage. We have also seen many young fashion designers from our region attain international stature and we are proud of them.”
She added: “The purpose of the array of sessions and interactive seminars conducted by stylists, nutritionists and fashion experts at Azyan is to educate the public about responsible business practices, health benefits and potential risks, among other issues. By organising such events, our aim is to promote societal wellbeing, foster critical thinking and ignite creative excellence. Once these aspects are in place, we have seen that commercial success always follows.”
Azyan is organised by JRCC in a strategic sponsorship with Special Moments. L'Occitane en Provence is the support sponsor and Royal Beauty House the cosmetics sponsor.
- Pakistan vs Netherlands: First match of ODI series to be played today12:35 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Another medal for Pakistan at Islamic Games12:21 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:59 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani Hajj pilgrims to receive Rs150,000 in subsidy from tomorrow11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani movie wins award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne10:51 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer Mobeen's vivacious personality comes out in new video09:55 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Alia Bhatt gives fans a sneak peek into her adorable babymoon10:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022