Boxer Amir Khan donates Rs1m to dams fund
The 31-year-old boxer said that Pakistan had a shortage of water and urged other influential Pakistanis to contribute towards the cause.
"Pakistan has a shortage of clean drinking water in the country. I urge celebrities and other locals to contribute towards the fund," Khan said.
Recently, Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Saqib Nisar set up a fund for the construction of Bhasha and Mohamand dams to resolve the country’s water crisis.
The account bears Account number 03-593-299999-001-4 and IBN number PK06SBPP0035932999990014 for raising funds for the construction of the two dams.
- TTP commander killed in security forces operation in N. Waziristan: ...10:21 AM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Polio vaccination drive launched to target 40mn children in Pakistan09:53 AM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:31 AM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan records significant dip in new Covid cases as positivity ...09:12 AM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 20 September 202108:42 AM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021