Shahid Afridi calls on PM Imran; visits ISPR
ISLAMABAD: Former Pakistan cricketer Shahid Afridi called on Prime Minister Imran Khan at the PM Office on Monday.
During the meeting, PM Imran Khan and Shahid Afridi discussed the Ehsaas Programme and welfare projects such as shelter homes.
Had a wonderful meeting with @ImranKhanPTI & I extended my full support for the PM Shelter Homes project for the deserving people. Also requested for a Cricket Academy for the youth of FATA #HopeNotOut. pic.twitter.com/pqnitOPYZl— Shahid Afridi (@SAfridiOfficial) July 15, 2019
Shahid Afridi told PM Imran Khan that there a great deal of interest in welfare projects and the private sector can help build shelter homes.
PM Imran Khan welcomed the interest of the private sector and directed officials to take concrete steps for the involvement in welfare projects.
The meeting was also attended by Senator Faisal Javed and PM’s Special Advisor Naeem-ul-Haque.
Senator Faisal Javed and Special Assistant to Prime Minister Naeem ul Haq were present, according to a statement issues from PM Office.
Later, the former cricket legend paid a visit to the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), where he interacted with representatives of Pakistani youth undergoing internship at the military’s media wing.
A great pleasure to interact with representatives of Pakistani youth undergoing internship at ISPR. It’s good to dream about set goals. Dreams can only be realised through hard work. You are the hope and hope must stay alive as @HopeNotOut@OfficialDGISPR@peaceforchange pic.twitter.com/t5mUh9ZyJk— Shahid Afridi (@SAfridiOfficial) July 15, 2019
“It’s good to dream about set goals. Dreams can only be realised through hard work,” Afridi said in his address to the ISPR interns.
- Coronavirus — German Embassy makes announcement for Pakistanis ...06:51 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020