Railway line ‘cut on purpose to derail passenger train’ near Multan
MULTAN – The Thal Express from Multan to Rawalpindi was stopped abruptly over the weekend when locals spotted damaged railway lines.
The Thal Express was on its way to Rawalpindi, however, it was stopped after the railway tracks were found cut; some of the social media users claimed that the tracks were intentionally de-shaped “so that the government could be blamed and (Railways Minister) Sheikh Rasheed defamed”.
The pictures, circulating on the internet, show the railway tracks which could have led to another collision, although some are of the opinion that it was due to stress instead of well-planned sabotage.
Railways Minister, Sheikh Rasheed also retweeted posts claiming that the tracks were intentionally cut as a conspiracy, giving credence to the perception on social media.
The pictures came days after a passenger ' Sadiqabad train' collided with a freight train leaving at least 24 people dead with political commentators pinning blame on the minister and seeking his resignation.
Thal Express operates between Rawalpindi and Multan. Pakistan Railway had suspended the train service in 2008 due to financial losses and the shortage of locomotives, however, Prime Minister Imran Khan had resumed the service in February this year.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020