Here's why Mehwish Hayat rejected Bollywood film offer
LAHORE - Pakistani star Mehwish Hayat was being offered a role to perform in a music video by Bollywood singers Mika Singh and Ali Quli Mirza, but the actress turned down the offer due to her busy schedule.
After the rising tensions between Pakistan and India post-Pulwama attack, artists from both sides have refrained to perform in their neighbouring countries. Amidst all the tensions between the two rival nations and despite a ban on Pakistan artists in India by their government, Mehwish has been offered a role to perform in a song sung by the two Indian singers.
Singer Ali Quli Mirza took to his Instagram account to introduce his team and tagged the Pakistani actress Mehwish as well.
On the other hand, While speaking to a Pakistani English daily, Mehwish Hayat had completely refused the report of any such collaboration. “Ali Quli offered me to do a music video with him but I couldn’t do it because of my busy schedule,” she said.
She said that she was offered Huma Qureshi’s role in Dedh Ishqiya and Aishwarya Rai’s character in Fanney Khan.
On the work front, Mehwish is currently busy promoting her upcoming film Chhalawa, which will hit theatres on Eid this year.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020