President Alvi promulgates ordinance for tax amnesty scheme
The scheme, as portrayed by the Adviser on Finance Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, intends to spur investment instead of harassing individuals.
Revealing the details about the scheme, the adviser said people will have the opportunity to become part of the scheme until June 30 adding that every citizen will be able to avail the scheme except public office holders and their dependents; former public office holders would not be allowed to avail the scheme as well.
Federal cabinet approves tax amnesty scheme to ... 04:04 PM | 14 May, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The federal cabinet met under the chair of Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday and approved the tax ...
Sheikh continued that under the scheme, assets within the country and abroad can be whitened after paying a certain amount.
He detailed that a rate of 4 percent will be charged for whitening money and the cash will have to be brought into Pakistan to be kept in banks.
For individuals desiring to keep their money abroad, a rate of 6pc will be charged, Sheikh announced.
‘We have fetched details about 1.5 lac accounts in 28 countries,’ the advisor said and added that both offshore and assets within the country could be declared under the scheme.
- Islamabad court declares Nawaz Sharif a 'fugitive'02:41 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Realme “RACE” coming up with powerful, fast speed Qualcomm ...02:03 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- What happened in the night when the young man married a 20-year-old ...12:46 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Eighth Pakistani player tests positive for coronavirus, confirms PCB11:33 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020