President Alvi promulgates ordinance for tax amnesty scheme
ISLAMABAD - President Arif Alvi promulgated an ordinance regarding the tax amnesty scheme on Wednesday, a day after the federal government approved it.
The scheme, as portrayed by the Adviser on Finance Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, intends to spur investment instead of harassing individuals.
Revealing the details about the scheme, the adviser said people will have the opportunity to become part of the scheme until June 30 adding that every citizen will be able to avail the scheme except public office holders and their dependents; former public office holders would not be allowed to avail the scheme as well.
Federal cabinet approves tax amnesty scheme to ... 04:04 PM | 14 May, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The federal cabinet met under the chair of Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday and approved the tax ...
Sheikh continued that under the scheme, assets within the country and abroad can be whitened after paying a certain amount.
He detailed that a rate of 4 percent will be charged for whitening money and the cash will have to be brought into Pakistan to be kept in banks.
For individuals desiring to keep their money abroad, a rate of 6pc will be charged, Sheikh announced.
‘We have fetched details about 1.5 lac accounts in 28 countries,’ the advisor said and added that both offshore and assets within the country could be declared under the scheme.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020