Fawad Chaudhry joins PTI, will contest NA- 63 Jhelum by-polls
LAHORE (Web Desk) - Fawad Hussain Chaudhry, a former advisor to the ex-prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani joined the Pakistan Tehreek- e-Insaf (PTI) on Wednesday, and is planning to contest the by-elections of NA-63 Jhelum, which will be held on July 14, 2016.
“I am so grateful to Imran Khan for the PTI ticket for the NA-63 Jhelum by-polls, trying to unite opposition under one banner,” Fawad said in a Tweet.
— Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) June 8, 2016
Currently, Fawad Chaudhry is hosting a political talk show on a private TV channel.
Fawad's family was in politics before partition of the sub-continent and his forefathers had played vital role in the Pakistan Movement. Chaudhry Altaf Hussain, a relative of Fawad's, was Governor of Punjab during the mid-90s while Justice Iftikhar Hussain Chaudhry, who held the office of the Chief Justice of Lahore High Court in the early 2000's, also belongs to the same family.
In his political career, Fawad has been associated with the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) of General (R) Pervez Mushaarf and the Pakistan People's Party (PPP).
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020