Duchess of Cambridge Kate wears traditional outfit and Pakistanis love it
Kate has chosen traditional outfits, including Shalwar Kameez and Kurta, so far on the five-day-long visit.
The Duchess on Tuesday dazzled the people when she along with the prince reached an Islamabad girls college, donning a royal blue Shalwar Kameez. The outfit, which has been designed by Maheer Khan, is also Pakistan's national dress.
Twitterati praised Kate for wearing the traditional dress as a user wrote, "royalty adorning the Pakistani national dress is such a heartwarming gesture".
royalty adorning the pakistani national dress is such a heartwarming gesture, truly evident how duchess kate’s each look has been considered with pakistan’s culture kept in mind. as a british pakistani, this makes me so proud!🇬🇧🇵🇰🖤— Hasan Arshad (@hasanarshad610) October 15, 2019
The royal couple in the Margalla hills. Excellent advert to the world that Pakistan is a brilliant tourist destination and safe for that matter.— آیان محسن 🇵🇰 (@Ayaan_Ali2) October 15, 2019
So graceful of Kate for the Pakistani dress.🇵🇰❤️🇮🇸 pic.twitter.com/RpoqrGQnuQ
The visiting dignitaries arrived in Islamabad on Monday and were accorded a rousing welcome as Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi welcomed them along with other officials at the Nur Khan Airbase; British High Commissioner in Pakistan Thomas Drew was also present on the occasion.
- Pakistan's Business Confidence Index drops by 21pc in six months of ...10:38 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- PM Shehbaz hands over keys of new houses among flood affectees10:16 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Celebrities support Saba Faisal amidst family feud09:22 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022