Duchess of Cambridge Kate wears traditional outfit and Pakistanis love it
ISLAMABAD - Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, is winning the hearts of Pakistanis during her maiden visit of the country with Prince William, especially through her dressing.
Kate has chosen traditional outfits, including Shalwar Kameez and Kurta, so far on the five-day-long visit.
The Duchess on Tuesday dazzled the people when she along with the prince reached an Islamabad girls college, donning a royal blue Shalwar Kameez. The outfit, which has been designed by Maheer Khan, is also Pakistan's national dress.
Twitterati praised Kate for wearing the traditional dress as a user wrote, "royalty adorning the Pakistani national dress is such a heartwarming gesture".
royalty adorning the pakistani national dress is such a heartwarming gesture, truly evident how duchess kate’s each look has been considered with pakistan’s culture kept in mind. as a british pakistani, this makes me so proud!🇬🇧🇵🇰🖤— Hasan Arshad 🇵🇰 🇵🇰 🇵🇰 (@hasanarshad610) October 15, 2019
The royal couple in the Margalla hills. Excellent advert to the world that Pakistan is a brilliant tourist destination and safe for that matter.— آیان محسن 🇵🇰 (@Ayaanmohsin3) October 15, 2019
So graceful of Kate for the Pakistani dress.🇵🇰❤️🇮🇸 pic.twitter.com/RpoqrGQnuQ
The visiting dignitaries arrived in Islamabad on Monday and were accorded a rousing welcome as Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi welcomed them along with other officials at the Nur Khan Airbase; British High Commissioner in Pakistan Thomas Drew was also present on the occasion.
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting ...06:41 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 4 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Asim Azhar teams up with an American band for a song01:32 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019