'Durust Daam': Islamabad admin launches app to control profiteering
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) administration Tuesday launched a mobile App 'Durust Daam' (exact price) to control the illegal profiteering by the shopkeepers in the federal capital.
The application was developed in collaboration with National Technology Board (NTB) to facilitate the citizens of Islamabad, Chief Commissioner Islamabad Aamer Ali Ahmed said while addressing a ceremony.
With this initiative, he said the capital dwellers would be able to view daily prices of essential commodities including fruits, vegetables and poultry products.
Durust Daam #App will help control illegal profiteering by shopkeepers in the federal capital. Users can get the latest and old rates of #commodities. #DurustDaam #pricelist #Food@dcislamabad @ICTA_GoP@ICTA_Volunteers@ShabahatAShah @MoitOfficial @Dr_KMSOfficial @pid_gov pic.twitter.com/jbYnq3kiMz— National Information Technology Board (@NationalITBoard) October 15, 2019
It would also offer easy complaint registration against shopkeepers and traders violating the official price lists, adding that previously, residents were asked to lodge complaints against profiteers on Pakistan Citizens Portal app, he added.
He said price magistrates were also paying regular visits to ensure price control in their respective areas and violators were being fined.
Speaking on the occasion Minister for Information Technology and Telecommunication Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui said as the world was moving from traditional economic models to knowledge intensive models, Pakistan was fully poised to harness the benefits of this transformative model.
"I have a strong belief on my people's potential, which could help us achieve our vision of digital Pakistan," he added.
He appreciated the efforts of district administration and NITB for developing such App to facilitate the public.
Durust Daam app launched today by honourable, Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, Minister for IT & telecom#Commodities #app #prices #pricelist #food #durustdaam #pricecontrol #NITB@Dr_KMSOfficial@dcislamabad @ICTA_GoP@ICTA_Volunteers— National Information Technology Board (@NationalITBoard) October 15, 2019
@ICTAdministration @ShabahatAShah @MoitOfficial pic.twitter.com/iljccBADVc
NITB Executive Director Shabahat Ali Shah said the government has a central focus on social responsibility and in that regard many other Apps were underway which would be launched soon.
The board was working on digitization of payments in order to realize the full benefits for the economy as cash is still the preferred mode of payments for our routine and day to day activities, he added.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020