Bad days gone as Pakistan moving towards economic stability: Hafeez Shaikh
Addressing a press conference flanked by Federal Board of Revenue Chairman Shabbar Zaidi and Secretary Finance Naveed Kamran Baloch in the federal capital, he said there had been considerable growth in exports with sizable reduction of 73% in the current account deficit, and stable foreign exchange reserves and rupee-dollar parity.
The stock market, he said, had also been stable for the last couple of weeks. At the same time, the overall revenue collection had also increased to Rs 580 billion during the first two months of the current year from Rs 509 billion of the corresponding period of last year, showing 25 percent growth.
Due to decline in imports, revenues in that regard were decreased, but domestic revenue collection surged by 40% during the period, he added.
- Pakistan’s top military commander visits Sialkot, Kotli to witness ...04:00 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Top Pakistani envoy congratulates Sweden on national day03:40 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran calls on the world to crack down on online extremism03:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Why Aishwarya Rai refused to work in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?01:52 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sajal Aly to feature in Atif Aslam's new music video02:50 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021