Karachi Mayor urges PCB to hold PSL final in Karachi
Speaking to the newsmen on Thursday, Waseem Akhtar expressed he will ensure Karachi hosts the final in the grandest way possible.
'I take responsibility for ensuring that Karachi hosts the PSL 2017 final in a grand style,' Akhtar said.
Although the Pakistan Super League season 2 final was scheduled to be held in Lahore, PCB's plan was marred by the recent bomb blast at Charing cross that left 13 people dead.
PCB Chairman Shahryar Khan on Wednesday reiterated the board’s resolve to hold the PSL final in Lahore. PSL chairman Najam Sethi also reaffirmed holding the glamorous final in Lahore even if international players avoid participation.
The bigwigs of Pakistan Cricket Board would roll heads soon to decide the venue for the final match although the Pakistani cricketing fans are still eyeing a star studded final in Lahore amid fanfare.
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Leaked audio clips of PM Shehbaz, ministers up for sale on dark web: ...11:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Two Pakistan Army majors among 6 martyred in Balochistan chopper crash10:49 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022