SC directs govt, PBS to include disabled, transgender persons in ongoing census
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court (SC) on Thursday ordered the federal government and the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) to include the disabled persons in the ongoing census.
According to Dawn news, a three-member bench headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar directed the PBS to follow the decision of the Lahore High Court (LHC) announced on Wednesday directing the authority to include disabled persons in headcount.
LHC Chief Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah had directed the authorities to count the said persons in census by amending the Form 2-A's Column No 3.
The SC expressed its displeasure on not counting disabled person and transgenders after the census had kicked off in the country.
Responding to a question, PBS chief informed that a separate form will be issued to gather data about disabled and transgender people three months after the census was over.
The Chief Justice directed the authority to conduct the census in a proper manner.
- Imran Khan’s remarks about Maryam Nawaz widely condemned11:41 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Kashmir Premier League to invite Indian cricketer Virat Kohli to ...11:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Imran says PTI's core committee to decide final date for Islamabad ...10:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Raja Riaz appointed Opposition leader in National Assembly09:45 PM | 20 May, 2022
- PNS Badar: Pakistan Navy launches MILGEM-class ship09:12 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022