Sahir Lodhi's morning show 'Aap Ka Sahir' receives PEMRA notice
A show cause notice was also issued to the private TV channel soliciting a written reply from its higher authorities and management.
According to the Regulatory Authority, the content on Sahir Lodhi's show Aap ka Sahir violates clauses set in the Code of Conduct. Coupled with the notice fine, the makers of the show have also been warned to remain vigilant while putting in line ideas for the morning show and airing it on TV for the audiences.
ٹی وی ون کے مارننگ شو میں قابلِ اعتراض مواد نشر کرنے پر چینل پر دس لاکھ روپے جرمانہ pic.twitter.com/R5RnunTQI1
— Report PEMRA (@reportpemra) May 15, 2017
Sahir Lodhi's show had aired a performance of vulgar dances that featured the 'Raasta' actor as well as a woman on the set. Ever since then PEMRA mentioned receiving multiple complaints on the morning show since a couple of months.
- Pakistan expecting rollover of $2bn SAFE deposits from China12:10 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan reports another polio case, taking year's tally to 2011:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022