ACCA, Atlas Copco join hands to promote sustainable business practices in Pakistan
The focus of their partnership will be to train a new generation of professional accountants who possess a right blend of digital, technical, ethical, strategic and professional skills to meet the future needs and demands of the increasingly digitised profession.
At an exclusive ceremony in Lahore, ACCA also announced the Approved Employer status for Atlas Copco’s operations in Pakistan to recognise the company’s efforts to invest in their employees by providing specialist training.
Speaking at the ceremony, Sajjad Aslam, head of ACCA Pakistan said, “Organisations have an important role to play in mobilising collaborative action to tackle critical environmental challenges and socioeconomic impediments to creating prosperity.
Professional accountants will be central to delivering this critical agenda that will be the new engine of global growth – now and into the future.”
At the ceremony, Sohail Shahzad, Chief Executive, Atlas Copco Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd. emphasised on the importance of digitisation and sustainable commercial activity. He shared that Atlas Copco with its global operations is a leading voice promoting ethical business practices and environment friendliness.
He also ensured that the company is fully aware of its social and environmental impact and is making every effort to use resources responsibly. Furthermore, he appreciated ACCA and its members’ role in championing ethics, corporate governance and responsible business practices in Pakistan.
ACCA was also represented by Muhammad Shahid Khan, Head of Business Development – Central, and Ali Ashraf, Business Development Manager – Lahore. The ceremony also featured contributions from Atlas Copco’s leadership, including Nauman Azhar, CFO, Anam Narjis Azhar, Lead Marketing Communication and Ahsan Fayyaz, Human Resource Business Partner.
Established in 2006, Atlas Copco Pakistan has a leading position in sales, service, and marketing of air and gas compressors, portable compressors, generators, construction equipment, and assembly systems. Through training and development opportunities, Atlas Copco will support ACCA affiliates in their journey towards ACCA membership and become well-rounded finance professionals and strategic business leaders.
With 208,000 fully qualified members and 503,000 students worldwide, ACCA is a leading global body for professional accountants.
- edotco appoints new Country Managing Director Pakistan02:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- KIA Niro Spotted in Pakistan – Is the future of Hybrid vehicles ...01:51 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Meet Nabeel Ahmad: The Founder and CEO of Skyray Ventures01:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- NUST ranked among top Asia's 100 universities12:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Balochistan schools to remain closed till March 1, 202112:03 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020