Legendary Pakistani painter Jamil Naqsh passes away
Known nationally and internally for his calligraphy, pigeons and figurative paintings, Jamil Naqsh has been celebrated all his life. His work has been a source of information for the better part of the decade to millions of individuals.
Representing Pakistan throughout the world, the artist was awarded the Pride of Performance in 1989 and the Sitar-i-Imtiaz in 2009. He relocated with Najmi Sura from Karachi to London, England in 2003.
Shahneela Ahmed, Director PR & Communication of Jamil Naqsh Museum expressed her loss saying, ‘It is with a heavy heart, that family of Jamil Naqsh has to announce the demise of this esteemed artist from the world. There has never been an artist more connected to his roots of culture. Every piece of his art was a story within itself. We request your prayers for his soul.’
The artist was admitted into St. Mary’s Hospital in London, where he was being treated for pneumonia. The doctors tried everything to the best of their capabilities. Jamil Naqsh passed away surrounded by his immediate family members.
Rest in Peace.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020