Man slits wife's throat for 'honour' in Karachi
The police said Rahim Dad (50) has murdered his wife Fozia (35) by slitting her neck with the sharp object and dumped the body. The locals spotted the body and informed the police.
Police arrested the suspect for killing his wife, confiscated his weapon and also registered a case against him.
The suspect stated that his wife had illicit relations with another man and he had also filed a request with the police in this regard.
However, on Tuesday, the heated argument broke out between both of them, which caused the deadly incident.
The accused confessed to the crime before the police and media. The deceased, Fauzia, is the mother of three children.
According to sources, Dad had killed his first wife 15 years ago for the same reason. A case has been registered against him and further investigations are underway.
Cases of honour killing are common in Pakistan, where a male relative of the family kills the woman for marrying the man of her choice or for any other matter.
- PAKvWI – Pakistan beat West Indies by seven runs in 2nd T20I11:55 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan ranks as world’s most affordable country to live in11:19 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Rizwan makes new world record by scoring highest T20I runs in a year10:35 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani minister slams India's Modi for leaving world at delta ...10:17 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021