PTCL, ZONG sign Fiber Optic Leasing Agreement
An agreement to this effect was signed between Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) and ZONG.
The agreement entails a fiber leasing agreement which will enable ZONG to utilise PTCL’s extensive nationwide fiber optic footprint and its expertise in deploying, operating and maintaining a fiber optic network.
Pakistan’s telecom market has recently started witnessing a sharp increase in the data usage preference of 3G/4G cellular subscribers. This emerging trend is pushing the need for aggressive 3G/4G rollout across the country and creating a demand for effective BTS backhauling for seamless data transmission. This agreement will enable ZONG to further expand its fastest 3G and 4G network nationwide.
Under the agreement, PTCL will deploy, operate and maintain 789 Km of fiber line across the country connecting ZONG’s BTS for data backhauling.
The strategic partnership is a step forward towards utilising the MoU that was signed between the two companies in December 2015. The MoU declared PTCL as ZONG’s preferred partner for providing infrastructure and technical expertise in a number of sub-sectors.
This project is specifically aimed at enhancing and extending ZONG’s footprint in order to offer high-quality data and voice-based services to their rapidly expanding 3G/4G subscriber base across the country.
Mr. Daniel Ritz, CEO and President of PTCL and Mr. Liu Dianfeng (Chairman and CEO, ZONG) signed the agreement at a ceremony held at PTCL Headquarters in Islamabad on 17th August, 2016.
The signing ceremony was attended by senior management from both the companies, including Mr. Sikander Naqi, (Chief Business Development Officer, PTCL), Mr. Saad Warriach (Chief Technical & Information Officer, PTCL), Mr. Muhammad Nehmatullah (CFO, PTCL) and Mr Omar Khalid (EVP, Carrier Services and Wholesale), Mr. Maham Dard, (Director Corporate Affairs, ZONG), Ms. Miao Qiao, (Chief Technical Officer, ZONG), Mr. Mannan Shabir (Executive Director Procurement, ZONG) and Mr. Li Yewen (Director Network Planning, ZONG).
On the occasion, senior management of the two companies emphasised the need for deployment of cost-effective solutions which will enable delivery of quality telecommunication services for the Pakistan market.
- Govt refuses to divulge information on gifts received by PM Imran ...03:20 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- LHC full bench hearing cases against Musharraf, Zardari and Gillani ...02:10 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Kiwis captain terms pulling out of Pakistan ahead of historic series ...01:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- At least eight killed in shooting at Russian university in Perm ...12:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subasi stuns fans with new swimsuit photo05:26 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021