17 terrorists killed as Rangers spring into action following Sehwan massacre
According to Geo News, six terrorists were killed in a shootout with Rangers after they attacked a convoy of the paramilitary troops on the Super Highway near Kathor.
The convoy of Rangers was returning from Sehwan after taking part in rescue operation following a suicide attack that killed 74 people at the Shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar on Thursday evening.
It was not immediately clear which group the militants were affiliated with. The bodies were shifted to Karachi for medico-legal formalities.
The spokesman added that 11 more terrorists were killed in a raid carried out in Manghopir area of metropolis. Arms and ammunition was also seized during the operation.
'All the terrorists were affiliated with a banned organization' confirmed a Rangers spokesperson.
The paramilitary force has intensified its ongoing operation against militants after a recent spree of suicide bombings that killed over 100 in last five days.
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 3,582 new infections, 67 deaths09:10 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021