Father's Day: SRK launches foundation named after his dad
MUMBAI - On the occasion of Father's Day, Shah Rukh Khan announced the launch of a support network that aims to rehabilitate and help women who have been acid attack survivors or have faced the emotional and physical effects of acid attack. The foundation is named after his father and is called Meer foundation.
Shah Rukh shared the news with people on Sunday as he launched the official website, and wrote, "A foundation I named after my father - @MeerFoundation - aims to create a network of support for women. No better day than #FathersDay for me to introduce our website to the world. http://meerfoundation.org/ (sic)."
A foundation I named after my father - @MeerFoundation - aims to create a network of support for women. No better day than #FathersDay for me to introduce our website to the world.https://t.co/BB0Eipnwum— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) June 16, 2019
People are lavishing praise on King Khan 's initiative on Twitter:
We are proud of you and your foundation 🙏— Jagatjit (@iamJagatjit45) June 16, 2019
Im sure wherever he is he is proud of you sir ❤️ pic.twitter.com/F3BMS9EjTU— Devdas (@shahrukhdevdas) June 16, 2019
Eternal prayers for your father, for giving us such a son, for raising a wonderful father like you. 🙏🙏🙏🙏— Özlem Gündoğdu🇹🇷 (@ozlemkhan555) June 16, 2019
I love you greetings from turkey 🇹🇷 unlimited love❤❤❤❤❤ pic.twitter.com/ewXwribl3X
love you for everything you do ❤ you're not just a Star you're Inspiration🙏🏻— Sneha Rukh Khan (@ShahRukhKiSneha) June 16, 2019
Also, In a note for the foundation's website, Shah Rukh wrote, "In my life, I have been given several opportunities to flourish by the people around me. And this is exactly what I want to do for others – especially women. My dream is to create an ecosystem that allows women, regardless of their history, to redefine, redo, or rework their lives the way they choose, the way they see fit. This might seem idealistic, but I truly believe that we can empower women to dream, grow, and live life without worry."
What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in the comments box below.
- Protests against Modi govt spread across India against discriminatory ...11:55 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran inaugurates national anti-polio drive09:51 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- UN terms India’s new citizenship law as 'discriminatory' against ...09:19 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019