Here's why Dia Mirza chose playing Pakistani in Kaafir
MUMBAI - Bollywood diva Dia Mirza will be seen playing the role of a youthful Pakistani mother who comes to India under peculiar conditions and is unfit to return home in upcoming Indian venture Kaafir. The show spins around the connection between the lady, who is blamed for militancy, and a columnist turned-attorney (Mohit Raina) who makes her equity his sole goal.
“This show is trying to address the prejudices that we have in our society. When people ask me, ‘Weren’t you afraid of playing a Pakistani character in the show?’ I say that I feel that our show is trying to question that fear and we are trying to remove that fear from people’s mind,” said Mirza regarding why she decided to play a “Pakistani” in the movie.
The Bollywood star also shared that “I feel really happy to be part of this show which talks about humanity and I hope that people will appreciate our effort. There is a problem all over the world that we see people from unfortunate lenses which include lenses of culture, country and caste and I feel these are very unfortunate ways to view humanity. We shouldn’t be prejudiced against people because of religion, caste or place that they belong to.”
She further added that this is precisely what Kaafir addresses and she hopes people will get their answers after watching this show. Mirza termed it a once in a lifetime opportunity to get a chance to work on a show like this. Nikhil Advani will be directing her second web series which is a historical drama and co-incidentally it is written by Bhavani Iyer who has also scripted Kaafir.
View this post on Instagram
Mazhab se upar uthke, jazbaaton ki baat karegi, ek aisi kahaani jo insaaniyat ke saath badhegi. Dekhiye, #Kaafir, bas ek din baad, premieres 15th June, only on #ZEE5. #HumanityIsMyReligion Subscribe now: http://bit.ly/SubscribeNowZEE5 @zee5premium @merainna @chinxter @bhavani.iyer @siddharthpmalhotra @pratik8shah
Mirza was born on December 9, 1981, who won Miss Asia Pacific 2000 title. She has principally worked in Bollywood and is known in the media for her social work. She made her acting debut with Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein in 2001.
Here looking forward to an interesting movie by the multi-talented star.
- Shaheen Al Jazeera 2019: Navies of Pakistan, Bahrain conclude ...10:36 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Pakistan felicitates new Sri Lankan president09:22 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Sleep Expo Middle East announces first-ever industry award07:48 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial ...07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019