LHC rejects petitions to initiate treason case against Nawaz Sharif on Mumbai attacks’ statement
Justice Shams Mahmood Mirza on Wednesday reserved the verdict regarding maintainability of the petitions filed by General Secretary Pakistan Awami Tehreek Khurram Nawaz Gandapur and another by Chairman Pakistan Zindabad Party Aftab Virk Advocate.
Nawaz Sharif invites public wrath for ... 07:02 PM | 13 May, 2018
LAHORE - Pakistan's ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif faces severe criticism from all quarters, including his own ...
The high court has directed the petitioners to move the right forum in this regard.
The petitioners alleged that the statement given by Nawaz was against national security and state institutions and pleaded the court to start high treason proceedings against him under Article 6 of the Constitution
Federal Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal had also been made respondent in the petition apart from Nawaz.
“Militant organisations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?” Sharif had asked in the interview.
“We have isolated ourselves. Despite giving sacrifices, our narrative is not being accepted. Afghanistan’s narrative is being accepted, but ours is not. We must look into it,” he added.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey steps down09:01 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan, Thailand seal victories in ICC Women's Cricket World Cup ...12:20 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mob sets police station on fire in Pakistan over 'desecration' of ...11:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Indian woman visits Pakistan with husband, converts to Islam, marries ...11:12 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021