Ex-PU VC Mujahid Kamran shares inside story of NAB detention center
Talking to different news channels on Friday, Kamran said up to four suspects are detained in a small cell, besides claiming that security cameras have even been installed inside the washroom.
He claimed that the suspects are tortured by the NAB officials during the grilling, adding that Haji Nadeem, an accused in the Paragon Housing scheme case, was tortured before his family.
LHC grants bail to former VCs including Mujahid ... 02:56 PM | 7 Nov, 2018
LAHORE - As many as four professors including the former Vice Chancellor of Punjab University, Mujahid Kamran were ...
Spilling the beans, the former professor claimed that the anti-graft buster wanted evidence against Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz legislator Khawaja Saad Rafique, who is also being probed in the Paragon case.
Kamran said that a suspect was even beaten in front of his mother trying to make him admit the crime.
Talking about Shehbaz Sharif, who is under NAB custody, the former vice chancellor said that the PML-N president was kept alone in cell No. 13.
He also claimed to have a meeting with Fawad Hassan Fawad, stating "When I asked him about becoming an approver against Sharif, he would have been released if he had become approver".
He went on to say that the NAB official allegedly mistreated with the VC of Sargodha University. "A 25-year-old officer told the vice chancellor that he would slap him in the face," Kamran alleged.
The ex-professor said that he was hopeless about the NAB, adding: "I think NAB is in a defensive position for the first time".
Brushing asides the allegations of corruption, Kamran said that he was also framed in a harassment case and the plan for it was prepared at the residence of a fashion designer.
The chief secretary who made the case against him is currently an employee of the USAID, he said, adding that the US establishment had gone against him when he wrote a book contradicting facts about 9/11 attacks.
The CIA contacts every DMG officer upon visit to the US, he claimed.
NAB Rejects Allegations
Meanwhile, the anti-corruption watchdog has rejected the allegation as baseless. A spokesperson said that Kamran never met Fawad during the detention.
He also denied the allegations of torturing supects in front of their family.
He said that ex-VC was arrested on October 11, whereas Fawad and Haji Nadeem were sent into judicial custody on October 1 and June 18, respectively.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021