Senior policemen among 116 made OSD as govt re-investigates Model Town killings
The security personnel - including DSP and in charge investigation - have been directed to report police line, days after the Punjab information minister clarified that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government would launch investigations into the killing of 14 people.
The Model Town incident, which happened in 2014, has not been resolved yet with Pakistan Awami Tehreek demanding to probe the former Punjab chief minister, Shehbaz Sharif and then law minister Rana Sanaullah.
ATC orders arrest of ex-DIG Operations in Model ... 12:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2018
LAHORE - An anti-terrorism court in Lahore has issued arrest warrants against former Deputy Inspector General (DIG), ...
After Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf assumed power both at centre and Punjab, PAT demanded that the regime should look into the matter for one more time.
PAT had staged multiple protests to get justice and later a judicial commission was also formed to probe the horrific incident. The report of the commission was not made public by the government for three years, until orders from the Lahore High Court in 2017.
- Maya Ali silences body-shamers in latest viral video04:02 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Policeman dies, passerby injured in Peshawar grenade attack03:01 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sindh govt imposes lockdown in Karachi to stem spread of Covid-1902:03 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Iffat Omar trolled for wearing revealing dress01:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Nora Fatehi celebrates 30m Instagram followers with sizzling ...01:01 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021