Royal tour: Prince William, Kate Middleton arrive in Lahore on a day-long visit
The royal couple will visit SOS Village, Pakistan Cricket Academy, Badshahi Mosque and Shaukat Khanam Cancer Hospital.
The royal couple was warmly received by Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar and Governor Chaudhry Sarwar and other high dignitaries at the Allama Iqbal International Airport upon arrival in the provincial capital.
Entire route of Royal visitors have been decorated with colorful welcoming banners and flags of both UK and Pakistan.
The royal visit comes 13 years since Prince Charles and his wife Camilla – the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwell – toured the country in 2006. Pakistan still vividly remembers the late Princess Diana’s visit in 1996.
The duchess is also likely to deliver her first address in Pakistan today.
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Prince William and Kate Middleton will hold separate meetings with Governor Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar and CM Buzdar during their visit.
- PML-N to expel 5 leaders from party for meeting Punjab CM04:47 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- AICS, PPAF hold a roundtable to share effective methodologies for ...04:05 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Haseena Moin to write a special web-series on breast cancer awareness ...03:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Chrissy Teigen announces pregnancy loss in heartbreaking Instagram ...01:07 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020