World's Largest Desert Highway opens to traffic in China
BEIJING - Authorities in China have opened the last three sections of the world's largest desert highway to traffic.
The Beijing-Urumqi Expressway, with a total length of 2,450 kilometers, stretches from Beijing to Urumqi, the capital of northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
It crosses through three Gobi deserts, the Tengri, Badan Jaran and Ulan Buh in northwest China.
The highway will shorten the road distance between Beijing and Urumqi by 1,300 kilometers.
- Prize money for T20 World Cup 2022 announced05:01 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- TikTok star Alishbah Anjum flaunts a dazzling transformation in new ...04:50 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022