Pakistan observes fourth death anniversary of 1965 war hero MM Alam
Alam, also known as Little Dragon, was a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) pilot who set a world record of destroying as many as five aircrafts within a minute during the war against India on September 7 1965.
During the 1965 India-Pakistan war, Alam was posted at Sargodha Airbase where he flew a North American F-86 Sabre fighter jet. He downed a total of as many as nine Indian aircrafts including six Hawker Hunters.
However, the total number of hits by Alam remained controversial as Indian authorities reported that one aircraft, claimed by Alam had encountered a technical fault and could not be counted as a hit.
He had developed a respiratory issue in his last days and he remained under treatment at the Pakistan Naval station Shifa Hospital.
MM Alam was laid to rest at the Shuhuda Graveyard at PAF Masroor Airbase on March 18, 2013.
On March 20 2014, the PAF Mianwali Airbase was named after the PAF Brigadier-General. The famous M M Alam Road in Lahore is named after the war hero.
The government awarded him Little Dragon national decoration, Sitara-e-Jurat for his exceptional service to the nation in 1965 war.
- In a rare move, Pakistan announces punishment for cruelty against ...09:02 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- FIFA lifts suspension of Pakistan Football Federation (VIDEO)08:28 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Hamza Shahbaz case: PTI to challenge LHC verdict in Supreme Court07:20 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Maya Ali sends pulses racing with new sizzling photos06:10 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Anoushay Abbasi drops stunning clicks from Dubai vacation06:46 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022