SBP launches SMS service for booking of fresh currency notes
According to details, the fresh currency notes will be available from designated commercial bank branches called “e-branches” and the sixteen field offices of SBP Banking Services Corporation (BSC).
The booking of the service will commence from tomorrow (Sunday) while issuance of fresh currency through mobile SMS service will start from Monday.
The charges for the service are Rs1.50 plus tax, per SMS. Under this facility, a person may send an SMS message comprising his/her 13 digits computerized national identity card (CNIC)/smart card number along with the desired e-branch ID such as; 32453-3454432-1 (space) KHI001) to short code 8877.
In return, the person will receive an SMS containing redemption code, e-branch address and the code validity period. Redemption code received by the customer will be valid for two working days as per the mentioned dates in the SMS.
The customer may then approach the concerned e-branch along with his/her original CNIC/Smart card, a photocopy of the CNIC/smart card and transaction code received from 8877 to obtain fresh currency notes. An individual can obtain three packets of Rs.10 and one packet each of Rs50 and Rs100.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021