SBP launches SMS service for booking of fresh currency notes
According to details, the fresh currency notes will be available from designated commercial bank branches called “e-branches” and the sixteen field offices of SBP Banking Services Corporation (BSC).
The booking of the service will commence from tomorrow (Sunday) while issuance of fresh currency through mobile SMS service will start from Monday.
The charges for the service are Rs1.50 plus tax, per SMS. Under this facility, a person may send an SMS message comprising his/her 13 digits computerized national identity card (CNIC)/smart card number along with the desired e-branch ID such as; 32453-3454432-1 (space) KHI001) to short code 8877.
In return, the person will receive an SMS containing redemption code, e-branch address and the code validity period. Redemption code received by the customer will be valid for two working days as per the mentioned dates in the SMS.
The customer may then approach the concerned e-branch along with his/her original CNIC/Smart card, a photocopy of the CNIC/smart card and transaction code received from 8877 to obtain fresh currency notes. An individual can obtain three packets of Rs.10 and one packet each of Rs50 and Rs100.
- Govt seeks action against Imran Khan, other PTI leaders as cypher ...09:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in another terror attack from inside ...09:15 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 01 October 202208:32 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022