France killed 33 Islamic State militants in airstrikes following Paris attacks
Locations in Raqqa city of Syria were targeted in two separate actions, where 20 bombs were thrown in first while 16 bombs were launched in the second strike.
According French defence ministry, Islamic State linked command and control centres and training camps in Raqqa city of Syria were targeted.
The locations targeted in the aerial attack were previously identified by the coalition forces during special operations and surveillance.
Jet planes had dropped 20 bombs in IS hideouts in Syria in first ever mission after Friday’s deadly attacks in Paris that killed more than 130 people.
The raids were conducted with coordination of United States, using 10 Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighters.
France has been bombing Islamic State positions in Iraq and Syria for months as part of a US-led operation.
Following Friday’s mayhem, Paris vowed to destroy the group. Underlining its resolve, French jets on Sunday launched their biggest raids in Syria to date, hitting its stronghold in Raqqa.
- Sharjah builds on its FDI appeal in 2020; attracts $220 million in ...04:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Has State Bank of Pakistan restricted ATM withdrawal limit to Rs1,000?03:21 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik finally reveal the name of their baby girl01:50 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021