Pakistani PM, Dubai ruler discuss regional, global affairs
Sources in Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) said the two leaders discussed regional, global affairs and bilateral ties at Za'abeel Palace on Sunday evening.
Khan was accompanied by a delegation which included several Pakistani ministers and top officials.
To welcome the Pakistani PM to Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed took to Twitter to greet Khan in Urdu. In the tweet, Sheikh Mohammed showcased the UAE and Pakistan's brotherly ties and their long history of trade.
Earlier in the day, the Pakistani premier held a meeting with Shiekh Muhammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, in which they agreed to transform Pakistan-UAE Relations into long-term strategic economic partnership.
Khan is on a day-long official visit to the Gulf country on the invitation of Abu Dhabi crown prince.
Upon his arrival at the Presidential Palace in Abu Dhabi, PM Khan was accorded an official reception where the Pakistani national anthem was played, and a 21-gun salute was fired in his honour. Khan and his accompanying delegation were also greeted by a number of Sheikhs and senior officials who welcomed his visit to the country.
Amongst those welcoming the Pakistani official were Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed Al Nahyan, National Security Adviser; Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs; Suhail bin Mohammed Faraj Faris Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy and Industry; Dr. Sultan bin Ahmad Al Jaber, Minister of State; Ali bin Hammad Al Shamsi, Deputy Secretary-General of the Supreme National Security Council; Mohammed Mubarak Al Mazrouei, Under-secretary of the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court; Issa Saif bin Ablan Al Mazrouei, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces; and Hamad Al Zaabi, UAE Ambassador to Pakistan.
Pakistan, UAE agree to transform bilateral ties ... 08:20 PM | 18 Nov, 2018
ABU DHABI - Prime Minister Imran Khan and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Shiekh Muhammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan have agreed to ...
The Pakistani delegation included Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi; Minister of Finance Asad Umar; Minister of Petroleum Ghulam Sarwar Khan Minister of Energy and Power Omar Ayub Khan; Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa; and the country's Ambassador to the UAE, Moazzam Ahmad Khan.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:34 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of daily COVID cases in two months as ...09:08 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 September 202108:42 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021