'Good decision indeed': China hails Pakistan court verdict to remove Nawaz Sharif from ECL
ISLAMABAD - A Chinese diplomat on Monday welcomed the Lahore High Court's (LHC) decision to allow ailing former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to travel abroad for treatment.
In a tweet, former deputy chief of mission Chinese Embassy in Islamabad Lijian Zhao said: "This decision by the Lahore High Court is a decision in need. Thus, a good decision indeed."
Currently, he holds the position of Deputy Director-General, Information Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, China .
Zhao was replaced by DCM and Minister Counsellor Pang Chunxue at the embassy.
Earlier on Saturday, the Lahore High Court (LHC) ordered the unconditional removal of ailing Nawaz Sharif 's name from the no-fly list, allowing him to travel abroad from his treatment.
The former prime minister has been given four weeks period, which is extendable on the basis of medical reports, said a verdict announced by a two-member bench headed by Justice Ali Baqir Najafi and comprising of Justice Sardar Ahmad Naeem
The court announced its decision on a petition filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz President Shehbaz Sharif seeking unconditional approval for the removal of his brother's name from the ECL.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019