'Good decision indeed': China hails Pakistan court verdict to remove Nawaz Sharif from ECL
ISLAMABAD - A Chinese diplomat on Monday welcomed the Lahore High Court's (LHC) decision to allow ailing former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to travel abroad for treatment.
In a tweet, former deputy chief of mission Chinese Embassy in Islamabad Lijian Zhao said: "This decision by the Lahore High Court is a decision in need. Thus, a good decision indeed."
Currently, he holds the position of Deputy Director-General, Information Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, China.
Zhao was replaced by DCM and Minister Counsellor Pang Chunxue at the embassy.
Earlier on Saturday, the Lahore High Court (LHC) ordered the unconditional removal of ailing Nawaz Sharif 's name from the no-fly list, allowing him to travel abroad from his treatment.
The former prime minister has been given four weeks period, which is extendable on the basis of medical reports, said a verdict announced by a two-member bench headed by Justice Ali Baqir Najafi and comprising of Justice Sardar Ahmad Naeem
The court announced its decision on a petition filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz President Shehbaz Sharif seeking unconditional approval for the removal of his brother's name from the ECL.
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020