'Good decision indeed': China hails Pakistan court verdict to remove Nawaz Sharif from ECL
ISLAMABAD - A Chinese diplomat on Monday welcomed the Lahore High Court's (LHC) decision to allow ailing former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to travel abroad for treatment.
In a tweet, former deputy chief of mission Chinese Embassy in Islamabad Lijian Zhao said: "This decision by the Lahore High Court is a decision in need. Thus, a good decision indeed."
Currently, he holds the position of Deputy Director-General, Information Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, China .
Zhao was replaced by DCM and Minister Counsellor Pang Chunxue at the embassy.
Earlier on Saturday, the Lahore High Court (LHC) ordered the unconditional removal of ailing Nawaz Sharif 's name from the no-fly list, allowing him to travel abroad from his treatment.
The former prime minister has been given four weeks period, which is extendable on the basis of medical reports, said a verdict announced by a two-member bench headed by Justice Ali Baqir Najafi and comprising of Justice Sardar Ahmad Naeem
The court announced its decision on a petition filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz President Shehbaz Sharif seeking unconditional approval for the removal of his brother's name from the ECL.
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019