Dollar rises against emerging units after slide in oil prices
US crude fell below $31 a barrel after news that American stockpiles rose to the highest in more than eight decades, reigniting concerns about demand and broader worries about the global economy.
"Sentiment on the oil market has been a key macro driver for stock-market sentiment recently," said Ric Spooner, Sydney-based chief market analyst at CMC Markets, according to Bloomberg.
"Concerns about the potential for credit-market problems in the event of a lower-for-longer oil scenario are near the top of a fairly long list of macro factors worrying investors at the moment."
Traders pushed into the Japanese yen -- considered a safe investment in times of turmoil -- on the back of the uncertainty that hung over stock and forex markets.
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022