PM Imran apprises Saudi Crown Prince on Indian atrocities in occupied Jammu & Kashmir
A statement issued by the Prime Minister's Office said that the premier discussed the "grave situation" in occupied Kashmir following the Indian government's decision to strip the region of its autonomy on August 5. The occupied territory has since been under a strict government-imposed lockdown and communications blackout.
During the meeting which comes ahead of PM Imran’s visit to the United National General Assembly, the prime minister condemned the recent attacks in Saudi Arabia on Aramco's oil facilities.
The leadership of both countries also discussed ways to strengthen economic ties between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, the PMO statement said.
The meeting was attended by Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis Syed Zulfikar Bukhari, Foreign Secretary Sohail Mehmood, and Pakistan's ambassador to Saudi Arabia Raja Ali Ejaz.
وزیر اعظم پاکستان عمران خان سعودی عرب کے دو روزہ دورہ پر جدہ پہنچ گئے۔
جدہ کے رائل ٹرمینل پر مکہ کے گورنرخالد الفيصل بن عبد العزيز نے انکا استقبال کیا۔
سعودی عرب میں پاکستان کے سفیرراجہ علی اعجاز، قونصل جنرل خالد مجید، سعودی حکام اور قونصلیٹ کے افسران بھی موجود. pic.twitter.com/gu5Owk79Tf
The prime minister is in Jeddah for a two-day official visit to Saudi Arabia, ahead of his trip to New York for the 74th Session of the United Nations General Assembly.
He was received by Makkah Governor Khalid Al-Faisal at the Jeddah Royal Terminal.
According to a statement issued by the Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal, the prime minister has been in regular contact on the Kashmir issue with Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman.
- ICC T20 rankings: India’s Yadav edges closer to Pakistan's Rizwan ...02:23 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Indian army pilot killed as ageing chopper crashes in northeast Tawang01:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Google celebrates World Teachers Day with creative doodle01:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Muneeb Butt and Komal Meer gear up for new TV project08:04 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yasir Hussain lambasts entertainment industry for not honouring ...10:26 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022