Clean and Green Pakistan: Women plant hundreds of trees in Bannu
PESHAWAR - Women in Bannu planted hundreds of saplings to start a plantation drive here in the district.
The formal inauguration of the plantation was carried out from union council Bezan Khel and Garhi Sher Ahmed.
Additional Assistant Commissioner Allah Noor and Chief Executive GSP Program Fakhar Nashad Barbar were also present at the occasion.
the Additional Assistant Commissioner, while addressing the occasion, said that women have an important role in the society and their responsibility to work along with men and take part in the plantation drive. He said it will motivate others to plant trees for the better future of their generations.
He further said that under Green Pakistan project 196000 trees would be planted in Bannu district while in Lakki Marwat district, 132000 tresses would be planted.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020