Transgender person killed at wedding function for stopping harassment in Hafizabad
A group of transgender persons was invited to dance at the wedding party where a brawl erupted between them and a guest over unwanted sexual advances, local media reported.
The transgenders were trying to stop the wedding guest from harassing them when he got angry and opened fire on them, killing a group member on the spot.
The police have registered a case against the suspect who is still at large. The transgender community protested against the incident and asked the Chief Justice Saqib Nisar to take action against the killing.
In May, a transgender person was killed in Mansehra's Kotkay area over a petty issue during a marriage function.
According to Mansehra police, the victim was allegedly handed a Rs1,000 bill and asked for change so it could be "showered" on the transgenders invited to dance at the party.
The victim, who identified herself as female, did not have any change to give the man upon which she was shot in the forehead.
- Pakistan joins Digital Cooperation Organisation as founding member11:58 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- COVID-19 — Pakistan bans in-flight meal service on domestic flights11:39 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nawaz 'was given rat-contaminated food in Kot Lakhpat Jail'10:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- BISE Lahore announces Inter Part-2 Exam Result – Here's how to check10:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat surprised by secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020