Transgender person killed at wedding function for stopping harassment in Hafizabad
A group of transgender persons was invited to dance at the wedding party where a brawl erupted between them and a guest over unwanted sexual advances, local media reported.
The transgenders were trying to stop the wedding guest from harassing them when he got angry and opened fire on them, killing a group member on the spot.
The police have registered a case against the suspect who is still at large. The transgender community protested against the incident and asked the Chief Justice Saqib Nisar to take action against the killing.
In May, a transgender person was killed in Mansehra's Kotkay area over a petty issue during a marriage function.
According to Mansehra police, the victim was allegedly handed a Rs1,000 bill and asked for change so it could be "showered" on the transgenders invited to dance at the party.
The victim, who identified herself as female, did not have any change to give the man upon which she was shot in the forehead.
- Ace Junior League concludes at Lahore Garrison08:40 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- COAS Bajwa discusses regional security with UN military adviser11:49 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: England beat Pakistan by 67 runs to win T20I series11:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...10:24 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider's 'Main Hoon Shahruh Khan' receives praise09:46 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022