Peace, development in Sindh among PM's top priorities: Imran Ismail
Talking to the media at the residence of Grand Democratic Alliance's General Secretary Ayaz Latif Palijo here on Saturday, the Governor said that people who had ruled Sindh did not deliver, agriculture and economy of the province had been destroyed.
The Governor acknowledged plundering of the province's resources and funds while reiterating that he would not let anyone trample rights of the people.
"The people of Sindh would have to raise their voice for education, health and accountability," he said adding that, for justice and development in Sindh, the federal government would implement the demands of GDA.
Commenting on the rape, kidnapping and murders of women, he said the provincial government and the police should play their part to bring the culprits to the book.
He assured Palijo that he would take up the case of acute water shortage in Badin, Sujawal, Thatta, Dadu and Tharparkar districts with the provincial government.
"The corrupt elements have caused economic destruction of the farmers," he observed.
The Governor said Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, GDA and all patriotic political parties should work together to bring about improvements in Sindh and rest of the country.
He noted that Pakistan had given many sacrifices in the fight against the menace of terrorism.
Ayaz Latif Palijo said successive provincial governments have failed to address various problems in Sindh and blamed the incumbent government of Pakistan Peoples Party for completely failing on that account.
The GDA's leader said the people of Sindh wanted repatriation of Afghanis, Burmese and Bengalis.
He deplored that due to corruption and ineptitude of the provincial government the people of Karachi, Hyderabad and rest of Sindh were facing shortage of water.
"If all the corrupt elements in Sindh are not arrested, the process of accountability will become suspicious," he said, adding that corruption and terrorism had made people of Pakistan feel insecure.
Earlier, Palijo hosted luncheon for the Governor during which the two sides discussed the issues of Sindh.
- Mohammad Amir set to play for London Spirit in England's Hundred ...11:07 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- China unveils super-speed train prototype that hits 620 kph10:36 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Co-build ecosystem with Haier brand seminar 202109:40 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Aiman Zaman and husband respond to leaked video controversy08:51 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Ex-Corps commander Bilal Akbar appointed Pakistan’s new envoy to ...08:19 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Chinese children's performance on Sohni Dharti winning hearts in ...07:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Reema Khan receives Covid-19 vaccine in US (VIDEO)02:33 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- ‘Mashroob-e-Maghrib’ – Hareem Shah reveals the favourite drink ...03:40 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021