Pakistan Army starts fencing infiltration prone Pak-Afghan border areas
Agencies deemed to be prone to high number of infiltration attempts are being fenced in the first phase, while the remaining border areas, including Balochistan, will be fenced in the second phase.
Pak taking measures for improving Pak-Afg bdr security including fencing, const of new forts & posts. Secure Bdr is in common interest. pic.twitter.com/w0wVg2UF5N— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) June 20, 2017
The Army and the FC are also constructing new forts and border posts to improve surveillance and defensibility in the area, added the statement from the army’s media wing.
“A secure Pak-Afg border is in the common interest of both countries,” said the ISPR statement.
It added that a well-coordinated border security mechanism is “essential for enduring peace and stability”.
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan cuts steel for fourth MILGEM-Class corvette ship (VIDEO)07:37 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- realme conducts first-ever Global Launch Event to unveil realme GT & ...07:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan win silver at Asian Taekwondo Poomsae Championship06:57 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021