Pakistan Army starts fencing infiltration prone Pak-Afghan border areas
Agencies deemed to be prone to high number of infiltration attempts are being fenced in the first phase, while the remaining border areas, including Balochistan, will be fenced in the second phase.
Pak taking measures for improving Pak-Afg bdr security including fencing, const of new forts & posts. Secure Bdr is in common interest. pic.twitter.com/w0wVg2UF5N— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) June 20, 2017
The Army and the FC are also constructing new forts and border posts to improve surveillance and defensibility in the area, added the statement from the army’s media wing.
“A secure Pak-Afg border is in the common interest of both countries,” said the ISPR statement.
It added that a well-coordinated border security mechanism is “essential for enduring peace and stability”.
- Ahmad Nawaz: Pakistan school shooting survivor takes charge as Oxford ...06:41 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- At least two dead, several injured as violence mars Sindh local govt ...05:44 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Abrarul Haq serves legal notice to UK record label over ‘Nach ...04:58 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa dance their heart out on ‘Loota Re’ ...03:00 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022