9 Indian soldiers killed as Pakistan responds to ceasefire violation: ISPR
RAWALPINDI – A Pakistan Army soldier and three civilians were martyred as the Indian army resorted to ceasefire violations from across the restive Line of Control (LoC), the military's media wing said on Sunday.
The firing also left two soldiers and five civilians injured, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said, adding that nine Indian soldiers were killed while two Indian bunkers were destroyed in retaliatory fire.
Indian unprovoked CFVs in Jura, shahkot & Nousehri Sectors deliberately targeting civilians. Effectively responded. 9 Indian soldiers killed several injured. 2 Indian bunkers destroyed.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) October 20, 2019
During exchange of fire 1 soldier & 3 civilians shaheed, 2 soldiers & 5 civilians injured.
“Indian unprovoked CFVs in Jura, shahkot & Nousehri Sectors deliberately targeting civilians. Effectively responded,” ISPR chief Maj-Gen Asif Ghafoor said in a tweet.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Indian police shoot dead 4 suspects in rape-murder case01:55 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019