9 Indian soldiers killed as Pakistan responds to ceasefire violation: ISPR
RAWALPINDI – A Pakistan Army soldier and three civilians were martyred as the Indian army resorted to ceasefire violations from across the restive Line of Control (LoC), the military's media wing said on Sunday.
The firing also left two soldiers and five civilians injured, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said, adding that nine Indian soldiers were killed while two Indian bunkers were destroyed in retaliatory fire.
Indian unprovoked CFVs in Jura, shahkot & Nousehri Sectors deliberately targeting civilians. Effectively responded. 9 Indian soldiers killed several injured. 2 Indian bunkers destroyed.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) October 20, 2019
During exchange of fire 1 soldier & 3 civilians shaheed, 2 soldiers & 5 civilians injured.
“Indian unprovoked CFVs in Jura, shahkot & Nousehri Sectors deliberately targeting civilians. Effectively responded,” ISPR chief Maj-Gen Asif Ghafoor said in a tweet.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020