US for Nawaz-Modi meeting in Washington next month
Talking to newsmen the US State Department spokesman Mark Toner, when asked if US was involved in any attempt to hold meeting between prime ministers of Pakistan and India in March, said that United States would be supportive of any such effort which brings the two countries closer.
However refusing to add more details he said I don't have anything specific to point towards at this. We have been in contact with both India and Pakistan regarding upcoming trips of the two premiers.
US President Barack Obama has invited both the PMs for the Nuclear Security Summit to be held on March 31 and April 1, 2016. The two prime ministers have accepted the invitations as well.
So far no formal announcement has been made regarding any meeting between Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, however Pakistani officials are confident of the meeting.
"If we look at the history of relationship between Pakistan and India, everything looks uncertain and nothing can be confirmed till it happens," the Dawn quoted an unnamed official of foreign ministry as saying on Saturday.
It is also pertinent to be mentioned here that Barack Obama started organising Nuclear Security Summit in 2010, and it is the first time when premiers of Pakistan and India would be attending the event.
- Dr Zakir Naik takes to Facebook in search of wife for son12:12 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- French President Macron comes under egg attack during visit to trade ...11:44 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- US Deputy State Secretary Sherman to visit Pakistan, India next month11:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Indian farmers resume protests, call for countrywide strike10:55 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Sirbaz Khan set to become first Pakistani climber to summit 9 ...10:46 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah shares unseen childhood photo05:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021