Artist Naiza Khan to represent Pakistan at 2019 Venice Biennale in May
According to an article published by The Art Newspaper, Khan, Khan is being trained in the UK produces paintings, drawings and mixed-media pieces that examine how specific places in Pakistan are evolving, within the context of wider issues affecting the Global South.
She will be exhibiting her work, ‘Manora Field Notes’, at the Biennale. It explores contemporary life on Manora Island in Karachi and will be curated by Zahra Khan.
The show's curator Zahra Khan feels Naiza's work will bring “to life the unique nautical, multicultural and multireligious history of Manora Island.” She added that the artist is the perfect person to represent Pakistan on an international platform like this.
Naiza's artwork has been widely exhibited internationally, at the Kochi-Muziris Biennale in 2016, the Colombo Art Biennale also in 2016 and the Shanghai Biennale in 2012. A number of exhibitions featuring her work have also been held in New York, Italy, UAE, Spain, and Cairo.
The 58th International Art Exhibition, titled May You Live In Interesting Times, will take place from 11 May to 24 November 2019.
Wish you all the best for the upcoming Venice Biennale.
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Balochistan's first woman SHO takes charge08:58 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022