Artist Naiza Khan to represent Pakistan at 2019 Venice Biennale in May
KARACHI - A Proud moment for Pakistanis as Karachi- London based artist Naiza Khan will be representing Pakistan in its first-ever participation at the Venice Biennale in May this year.
According to an article published by The Art Newspaper, Khan, Khan is being trained in the UK produces paintings, drawings and mixed-media pieces that examine how specific places in Pakistan are evolving, within the context of wider issues affecting the Global South.
She will be exhibiting her work, ‘Manora Field Notes’, at the Biennale. It explores contemporary life on Manora Island in Karachi and will be curated by Zahra Khan.
The show's curator Zahra Khan feels Naiza's work will bring “to life the unique nautical, multicultural and multireligious history of Manora Island.” She added that the artist is the perfect person to represent Pakistan on an international platform like this.
Naiza's artwork has been widely exhibited internationally, at the Kochi-Muziris Biennale in 2016, the Colombo Art Biennale also in 2016 and the Shanghai Biennale in 2012. A number of exhibitions featuring her work have also been held in New York, Italy, UAE, Spain, and Cairo.
The 58th International Art Exhibition, titled May You Live In Interesting Times, will take place from 11 May to 24 November 2019.
Wish you all the best for the upcoming Venice Biennale.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Seven-day anti-polio drive starts across Sindh12:36 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020